Family Matters is Australia’s national campaign to ensure Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander children and young people grow up safe and cared for in family, community and culture. Family Matters aims to eliminate the over-representation of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander children in out-of-home care by 2040.
Please download and read the Statement of Commitment
Sign up your organisation to the Family Matters Statement of Commitment
This statement reflects our intent to work collaboratively with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and their organisations to achieve the goal of the Family Matters campaign. This commitment requires all signatories to work in accordance with key principles, and to implement corresponding actions.
We hereby commit to these six core principle and all corresponding actions:
- Applying a child focussed approach
- Ensuring that Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and organisations participate in and have control over decisions that affect their children
- Protecting Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander children’s right to live in culture
- Pursuing evidence based responses
- Supporting, healing and strengthening families
- Challenging systemic racism and inequities
We hereby commit to implementing this Statement.