Join the Family Matters campaign by holding an event in your workplace, community or home.
Register your event below and access our resources to help you run a successful event.
You could do this at your own work in partnership with a local Aboriginal organisation or community. Host a community morning tea or a BBQ, hold arts and crafts sessions, cultural exchanges, concerts and performances, competitions, sporting days, games and activities, and so much more.
- Arrange for kids at school or in child care to create their own paintings and artwork about the Family Matters theme and display them for everyone to enjoy
- Organise an open day or morning tea at work for people to bring their children
- Arrange for kids to do culturally relevant activities in services, school, child care, or at home
- Hold a family fun day for foster and kinship carers and their foster children
- Promote the achievements of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander children and young people in your school or local community through young achiever awards
- Organise a children’s picnic or activities in a local park
- Bring Elders, families and their children together in your service or school for storytelling and cultural activities
- Have a flag raising ceremony with the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander flags
- Tell your local papers, radio and TV about why your services support Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander children
- Hold a fete or fundraising activity for children in your community
- Organise sporting events or competitions for children and young people
- Invite local leaders, politicians and Elders to spend some time at your service or school during the National Week of Action