The Family Matters Statement of Commitment reflects intent to work collaboratively with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and their organisations to achieve the goal of the Family Matters campaign. This commitment requires all signatories to work in accordance with key principles, and to implement corresponding actions.
Signatories commit to these six core principles and all corresponding actions:
- Applying a child focussed approach
- Ensuring that Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and organisations participate in and have control over decisions that affect their children
- Protecting Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander children’s right to live in culture
- Pursuing evidence based responses
- Supporting, healing and strengthening families
- Challenging systemic racism and inequities